Thursday, December 18, 2008

Holiday cheer



Here is a shot of the department Christmas dinner. We had good food and an open bar, so there was plenty of Christmas cheer. I guess I should explain that engineering is still rather old school, so there is not a single woman in our group. All the women in the photo are spouses/friends.

Lot's of "experience" in this group. For many years, and not that long ago, my nick name was "young steven". Good group of guys, and many are close to retirement. I have 30 years, and most have more. This is not the normal employer-employee arrangement anymore. The company is changing before our eyes, and a lot of knowledge will be walking out the door soon. Of course, with the recent nose dive in financial matters, I suspect many retirement plans are being modified as I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment